cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources 'Not Connected' in Application Server

LucPalsrok
Level 2
Hello,

I have an Application Server running with 3 Resources​ which have been running perfectly for months, but in the past few days all 3 resources have gone from the connection status "Yes - Connected" to "Not Connected". I don't think I have changed anything which could have caused this. All resources can be seen as 'Idle' and we can start processes from those resources as well, just not from the Application Server, which caused the Schedule to break as well.

12365.png

When I open Windows event viewer, I come across the following:

BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsTalker

Talker[P2232VSSOW16F:8181] Error while closing connection. Ignoring.

System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush(Boolean flushStream, Boolean flushEncoder)

at System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush()

at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsTalker.Close()

Any help would be much appreciated!

------------------------------
Luc
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Felix,
I have seen this in few of our environments too. the workaround i did was to change the runtime resource connectivity resource registry and communication setting to use "register using machine short name and communicate using FQDN. if your application server is located in a different address pool reverse lookup may not work with shortnames so using fqdn will help.

12363.png

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

LucPalsrok
Level 2

Maybe this one is more helpful. I've tried restarting the resources. This made no difference.

BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsTalker

Talker[PVPCPAA103:8181] Error connecting to resource. Attempts to re-establish the connection will occur periodically.

BluePrism.BPCoreLib.BluePrismException: Connection to the resource timed out.

at BluePrism.Core.Utility.IPv6TcpClientFactory.CreateTcpClient(String hostname, Int32 port, String localResourceName)

at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsTalker.Connect(String sResourceName, String& sErr)

Luc Palsrok

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Maybe check the machine connectivity/firewalls in both directions to see if anything has changed.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

FelixRafael
Level 2
did you solve this eventually? What was the issue? im facing the same issue and have not been able to fix this.

Not a firewall issue and have checked everything related to network issues even the antivirus.

Felix Rafael

Hi Felix,
I have seen this in few of our environments too. the workaround i did was to change the runtime resource connectivity resource registry and communication setting to use "register using machine short name and communicate using FQDN. if your application server is located in a different address pool reverse lookup may not work with shortnames so using fqdn will help.

12363.png

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata