cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How dynamic wait stage works?

JoshuaKingsley
Level 4
Hello All, I'm working on a huge web application (meaning really huge number of controls, buttons, textboxes, etc). After Identifying an element in the Application Modeller, when trying to highlight the element, it took 20 seconds to highlight. Selected attributes: Tag Name, Class Name, Value, Match Index, Match Reverse it taking more time so did not use it (we don't want Path to be selected), no other attribute is useful to reduce the time to highlight.   I just tried with using 1 second time out time in the dynamic wait stage, it waited for 20 seconds and performed the operation and did not come to time out.   So my question: Is this taking 20 seconds time to load the application tree to memory and traversing through it? I thought, it should timeout and both operations (Searching element in the application tree and timeout timer) should run in different threads in background. Please help me understand how the dynamic wait stage works?   Regards, Joshua
1 REPLY 1

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Yes, it is not async. If actually finding element in tree takes 30 seconds, wait won't time out until it finishes checking exit conditions at least once. It might also make BP hang forever if for example java access bridge call never returns.