cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect to other PCs in order to run more than one bot

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of blue prism strongest features is the ability to run multiple bots at once to improve the efficiency of a given process. I want to have one bot load an excel file to a queue and 2 or more different bots to go through that queue and use that information to populate a website. How can I set up one PC as the main point of contact for the remaining other PCs. I remember that you can configure a connection as a blue prism server; however how do you know the server port, callback port, ect.
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
All BP machines need to connect to the same DB so that they exist in the same environment.I get the impression your PC1 is hosting the DB - if that is the case then PC2 and PC3 need to connect to the DB on PC1. The easiest way to do this is to use a 'direct' DB connection on all machines - localhost\sqlexpress for PC1 and nameofpc1\sqlexpress on PC2 and 3. Note that by default SQL Express blocks external connections and you need to adjust PC1 to unblock (see BP install guide).Direct connections are not recommended for anything other than a POC, and a BP Server connection is preferred in most situations. But the idea is similar - all machines using the same connection. Usually just keeping the default port numbers will work.