cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write into the Date field inside internet explorer

SagarMehta
Level 3
I am looking to insert a Date into the Date field (Please see attached image). The problem is that I am not able to type dates directly and can only select Month / Year / Day by pressing forward (>) and backward (
4 REPLIES 4

paul_fraser
Level 3
I am currently stuck on something similar, Its a drop down which i can spy and select the month & year, but when it comes to the day. I can read it and set the Match Index as dynamic and move it up one if not correct. Problem is when I find the correct day I am unable to select the date. When I try a Navigate with Click or double click it just moves on without doing anything or giving an error,

RadoslavHiko
Level 4
I assume you are not able to use the Writer stage. This indeed happens with drop downs in IE. The solution is to give focus to the drop down (using Focus action or clicking with mouse), to send keys and to read back the value to check if the correct one has been selected. To select a date, I would try to send a TAB or ENTER.

SaurabhJaiswal
Level 2
I am also stuck ... but I am stuck on not being able to read from notepad and write in the gmail login. I am trying to read username password from notepad and write that to internet explorer. I have read the standalone application details for doing so but those steps does not work for browser. Does anyone have step wise details with screenshots so I can learn how to do this.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello Jaiswals, feel free to contact me direct about your use case for reading usernames/passwords from Notepad - I am the IBM mentor and would be interested in knowing more about the design and solution for this. Thanks, Den