cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify application from Windows Task bar

ArchisDichwalka
Level 3
Hello,

I have one application that can be opened through the application modeler with open as .exe but then it gets minimized and goes into the windows taskbar right corner. The only way to open this application is Double click on the app from the taskbar to access further options. 

How can I identify this icon from the taskbar? 
Its the Heart Icon button 
16047.png

------------------------------
Archis Dichwalkar
2 REPLIES 2

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hi Archis,

A bit difficult to suggest a straight solution for this. You won't be able to spy this icon through blue prism.
A few questions:
1. Is it possible to change some settings to not have this application minimised on startup?
2. Can you try disabling Tablet mode for Windows?
3. If you're able to view this application in the taskbar perhaps using some of these keyboard shortcuts might do the trick here - https://www.itprotoday.com/access-taskbar-keyboard-shortcuts
4. If none of these work, I'm afraid you might have to look at using coordinates based mouse clicks

Harpreet Kaur Product Consultant

Hi Harpreet.

Please find below inline comments.

A few questions:

1. Is it possible to change some settings to not have this application minimized on startup?

I will try this but it's highly unlikely. I may need to access the main application and then go to this sub-application requiring further permissions etc. from management.

1. Can you try disabling Tablet mode for Windows? I have tried this but what impact does it make? The application still gets goes into the right corner.

1. If you're able to view this application in the taskbar perhaps using some of these keyboard shortcuts might do the trick here - https://www.itprotoday.com/access-taskbar-keyboard-shortcuts Is there any keyboard shortcut for accessing the app from the right corner section? Most of the keys I found were for apps that are minimized in the regular taskbar. This app gets minimized in the right corner of the taskbar.

1. If none of these work, I'm afraid you might have to look at using coordinates-based mouse clicks  Do you have any KB article to get mouse clicks for the taskbar.

Really appreciate your response and help.

Archis Dichwalkar