cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run.bat file on Remote application server

RameshKonka
Level 3
Hi All, I connected to remote application server ,but I tried to run .bat file on Remote application, getting the error "The system cannot find the file specified" .bat file stored at same remote application server. Thanks Venkat
3 REPLIES 3

SteveBoomer
Level 5
Hi, It's a bit difficult to troubleshoot without more information, however I'd suggest there is an issue with the path to the .bat file - for example there is a space in the path but the path is not in quotes (IE C:\Program Files rather than ""C:\Program Files"") so the path actually looks like C:\Program Or there's a spelling mistake in the path. Or a permissions issue on the folder the file is residing in

RameshKonka
Level 3
Hi , Already I tried above mentioned way ,it's not work out. If any other method knows please posted any one . Thanks venkat

HakanEngman
Level 6
Hi, DOS and BAT files aleast used to be sensitive to space in the path as already mentioned. Did you try to use the 8.3 naming? Open a DOS session, go the parent directory of the directory named with a "" "" in it\s name. The path C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell ==>.also have a equivalent of c:\progra~2\Wid5b1~1 Use Dir /X to show the 8.3 names. Then you can alteast roll out the "" "" space issue out of the picture. All the best Hakan