cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open workbook using the object "Open Workbook"

RajathGopal
Level 5
I am trying to open an workbook using the "open workbook" object but when i try to do that i get the below error: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) Firstly i am creating an instance and then using the generated handle i am trying to open the workbook and it fails in the code stage of the object. The main issue here is that when i ran the object for the first time it worked as a charm. However when i tried executing the second time i started getting the above error, so i tried closing the instance and tried running the object again still no go. Also i did go through the KB article: https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/knowledge-base/rpc-server-unavailable-exception-hresult-0x800706ba and i see the RPC services are up and running. When the code stage "Open Workbook" is reached the excel crashes as shown in attachment and i get the above error message. Could you guys please let me know what could be done
5 REPLIES 5

AnkurSharma
Level 2
Hi Rajath, Just wanted to know if you found a resolution to this issue. I am facing the same issue. Thanks & Regards, Ankur

RajathGopal
Level 5
Nope I am working on all the possible stuffs but still no go. Does any of you have any idea about this ?

Hey Ankur if you are able to figure out any solution please do let me know.. Thanks

Hey Ankur if you are able to figure out any solution please do let me know.. Thanks

OngunArisev
Level 3
If you Foxit Reader installed, this might be the culprit. Open any workbook in Excel then go to File -> Options and select the Add-ins tab (as of Excel 2016 may vary). At the bottom of the Window it says Manage; select COM Add-ins from the drop down menu and click Go. Untick the Foxit Reader Add-in apply, ok and exit. This has resolved my issue and I found the relevant information on this website (it was related with Remote Procedure Calls): https://superuser.com/questions/1124945/excel-interop-remote-procedure-… Although the problem is not exacty the same, I think this information might be relevant since add-ins might be causing the issue. It is also worth checking if RPC is working from Windows Services. The error I got before disabling the add-in is below: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)