cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send hotkeys to Internet Explorer

franlem2
Level 4
Hi,  I am trying to send hot keys  to Internet Explorer. Requirement here is to use Ctrl+C to send a text highlighted by the mouse from IE to clipboard. All elements in the application modeller are in region mode, except the root. My elements are not spyable using other ways. I am using method described in document Send Global Keys from Blue Prism.  I have also tried Send Global Keys Event as an alternative. However, when using Activate Application from the second level of elements and then Global Send Key from the element at the root,  the bot just goes trough this step and arrives to the next step without error... but nothing happens. I have tested that with other send hotkeys (ctrl+a to select everything, tab to move from an item of the page to another....) and the behaviour with Activate Application and Global Send Keys is the same. This is strange because I only have 1 tab opened on Internet Explorer, and no other window from Internet Explorer opened either. Is there a workaround to solve this issue? Regards.
2 REPLIES 2

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Works for me. I started off with a navigate stage to run 'Activate Window' on a Win32 element for the window (I selected the top most part, which looks like it's just a small bar when in full screen). It then waits for one second to be safe (this can probably be lowered, but I'm just doing a POC). Afterward, it clicks the element, sends a ""^A"", then a ""^C"". I was able to verify that the selected text was in my clipboard.

franlem2
Level 4
Hi amibarrett, Your method worked for me. I had to change as last intance the method because Global Send Key did copy internal code instead of the element clicked. So I used global send key event with """"{CTRL}"""" in text. Thank you so much for you help!