cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to spy a datagrid in visual basic 6.0

MarceloVasquez
Level 2
I have the following problem with Blue Prism application modeller, Knows some way to read a DataGrid (VB6) to capture the information and manage it in Blue Prism. This is an example of datagrid that i need to read: Please help
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
For some old VB6 elements application hooking (the invasive techiques checkbox in application modeller). If you search for Application Hooking in the product menu help you will get some details on this feature, but my recommendations would be to contact your mentor (either internally or at Blue Prism) for more details on this option before you attempt to use it. If hooking does not allow you to read from the grid than your only option would be to use surface automation (there are exercises in the SA training specifically about reading from tables).

JarrickVan_Camp
Level 3
Hi Denis, Can I ask why it is (currently) not possible? I am facing the same issue. It is hard to explain to a client that we are not able to read a .NET DataGrid.. I have been in contact with BP support a little while ago and to me it seems that the application we are using has implemented the IListSource interface as DataSource for the DataGrid and that this is not supported by the read stage for DataGrids? Just some gut feeling here, but I would be interested in knowing why this is not possible.. I would feel more confident to go back to the client knowing the whole problem instead of just explaining them ""It's not possible, because that's what they told me.."". I do appreciate the efforts you put in this matter, as the surface automation solution feels like building a house of cards for something that processes 10.000 transactions every couple hours based on this table. thanks a lot! Kind regards,

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hi Jarrick, I can't answer for our product team, but in my experience not being able to interface with a grid is rare and the product is always being improved (there is a new MS UIA interface shortly coming to v6 that will improve matters).

Hitesh__Mhatre
Level 4
I was also facing same issue for spying data grid. I have done research but didn't get any solution but any how I was able to read grid data. I have copied all data by clicking top left corner of grid (By clicking it selected all data within grid) and then send global hot keys (ctrl + c) to copy all data and then pasted into a excel using excel vbo object and read excel data into collection. You can use given link to paste clip board data into excel https://portal.blueprism.com/help-needed-pasting-image-clipboard-excel