cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger Microsoft power automate flow from BluePrism?

KashyapN
Level 2
I'm  working on a process which download one report from SAP based on some rules  and upload it to SharePoint. Here I want BluePrism to do all the SAP part and power automate to do SharePoint part. Once report is downloaded then BluePrism need to trigger the power automate flow to upload that file to SharePoint. how can I trigger the MS power automate flow from BluePrism.?

------------------------------
Kashyap N
6 REPLIES 6

GopalBhaire
Level 10
One method is to use 'When a HTTP request is received'  as your trigger in your power automate flow. You can check Calling Microsoft Flow from your application | Blog Power Automate
After which you can trigger it from Blue Prism.

Gopal Bhaire

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Kashyap N,

The reference @GopalBhaire  provided, regarding the use of an HTTP request, is probably the​ most straightforward way of triggering a PA flow from BP. There are other options though if you look through the available triggers on the PA site. Some examples include receiving an email at a specific inbox (BP can easily craft and submit an email). a new file being saved to a drive (ex OneDrive), etc.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @GopalBhaire, I have tried this and I'm getting Internal "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request." error. Could you please explain more on Sending HTTP POST request from BluePrism.​

Kashyap N

Hi Kashyap

You can call it directly thru 'Web API Service' in system tab. Copy the trigger link till 'paths/' as your base URL and use the rest (from invoke till end) as URL path for an action. You can then call it as an action in your process. Store your workflowid and signature in credential vault.

base url
https://prod-159.westus.logic.azure.com:443/workflows/<wfid>/triggers/manual/paths/
request urlpath in action
invoke?api-version=2016-06-01&sp=%2Ftriggers%2Fmanual%2Frun&sv=1.0&sig=<yousig>

Alternatively you can directly use the HTTP VBO.

Gopal Bhaire

Hi @GopalBhaire,

I tried through Web API Service, and done all configuration as you mentioned. When running the action getting InvalidRequestContent error.
23800.png
​​

Kashyap N

Apologies, I didn't see that you were trying to upload a file to flow. The trigger accepts only Json as body. One workaround will be to encode the file in Blue Prism as base64 and then convert the file back using 'base64tobinary' in PA flow.

But honestly I would just send and email with file from BP and trigger the flow on new email arrival with specific subject, as @ewilson suggested below.

​​​

Gopal Bhaire