cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade Tesseract

Chee_YewThing
Level 4

Anyone know how to upgrade the current version of Tesseract to latest version shown in Github?

I need some guidance on that.

------------------------------
Chee Yew Thing
2 REPLIES 2

The safest recommendation is to upgrade your version of Blue Prism and stay with the version of tesseract that's included with the installation. What version of Blue Prism are you using? Blue Prism version 6.5 and higher are installed with Tesseract version 4.0.0, and earlier versions used tesseract 3.05.

The latest version of tesseract is 4.1.1 - if you really wanted to use 4.1.1 instead of 4.0.0, it looks like you could, but make sure you test.
Steps:
-Build a static executable (self-contained) tesseract.exe compatible with Windows.
Instructions here: https://tesseract-ocr.github.io/tessdoc/Compiling.html#windows
-Replace the existing tesseract.exe & accompanying tessdata file, default location is here: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Tesseract
If you have any language data files, make sure those are compatible with your version of tesseract and update them if necessary as well.
-Check Tesseract engine setting under System settings on the application server.

#OCR                       ​​

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Patrick,
Thanks on that, I am using 6.4. That where I need tesseract 4.0. 
I have planned for upgrade in next month, but it seem late for me. 
Anyway, I will try the suggestion given. 

Thanks.

Chee Yew Thing