cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont understand when i should use Business Exception

IgnacioVenegas
Level 2
I dont understand when i should use Business Exception, you can give me Examples?   thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If you have not already read the exception guide on the portal or looked at the example solution in the Lifecycle Orientation training - I can recommend those. A business exception is a type of work that has been defined as outside the scope of your solution, as opposed to an unexpected or previously not seen system response which would cause a system exception.  An example of a Business Exception would be if your solution should only do funds transfers up to a $20000 limit.  Your process flow would recognize that the transfer was going to exceed that limit and throw a business exception with detail such as ""$20000 funds transfer limit exceeded"". Generally speaking business exceptions are thrown from your process (because it is business process rules/logic) and system exceptions are thrown from your object (because it is a system interface issue).

TolaniJaiye-Tik
Level 4
In addition, a business exception applies to the following Validation errors e.g Swift code is less than 8 characters or more than 11 characters Mandatory Information e.g failure to provide DOB, which is relevant to trigger customer amendments Feeder file to Blue Prism process is missing from a shared drive or perhaps deleted by end user unexpectedly Out of Scope: logic out of scope for Blue Prism processing e.g dealing with cases flagged as ""Refer to Compliance"" In general, anything that has to do with the data provided to Blue Prism and not system failures. System Exceptions will normally cover application related issues e.g failure to launch/attach/detach an application. I hope this helps.