cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE Notification bar with Save button issue

ThijsPost
Level 2
In the Web application we are robotizing (ISM = Maximo) clicking on some document links make an IE notification bar (-not- a popup window) appear with Open and Save buttons on it. (see attached screenshot) Spying these buttons only works in AA mode. Two issues arise: 1. A Navigate stage with "Click center" action seems only to work when the bar in the IE window is not covered by other windows. Can this be avoided or worked around in some way? 2. The Save button has a twiddle on the side that when expanded displays "Save", "Save as..", etc.. Spying the "Save as.." makes the Application Modeller hang. Known issue?
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This does not sound like an Application Modeller issue, rather behavior of the application itself and discovering how best to interface with it. With any new application I interface with the first thing I do is perform an Application Assessment. This is basically a look at all the main elements in the appliction (buttons, combo boxes, grids, edit boxes etc) to evaluate the best way to interface with it. This feeds into the IPA's I create to estimate work, and informing all developers of the best way to interface with the appliction. It is common to need to use the AA interface to interact with some HTML elements (if you have not already looked at the Browser Automation Guide on the portal (Methodology/Process Delivery Methodology (Reference Material)/Guides (Developer Reference Material)) I recommend you do. It is also occassionally neccessary to use Global Mouse Clicks and Send Keys for bespoke non-standard elements. Where these are used it is neccessary to use an activate navigate stage with a tiny wait after it before you do any global clicks or send keys. I hope this helps, Den