cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Chrome, Attach stage hangs unless page reload is done

pkaganis
Level 2

After launching an application using Chrome, if I were to detach and then try to attach, the attach stage gets hung up and ultimately throws an exception if you wait long enough.  I discovered that if I hit Page Reload, the attach will work.  I can attach using a PID number, however elements that are not spied with Browser (ie UIA), will not work, unless the page is refreshed.  Similarly, if I find a PID that works with UIA, then the Browser elements do not work.  My work around is to attach using a PID and verify that a UIA element works, then I focus on it and GSK ^R to reload the page.  I'm still developing so I'm not sure if I will encounter more issues.

Prior to using Attach, I noticed that instead of Attach, a Launch command will attach the Object without spawning a new Chrome window.  The Launch command does exactly what I need which is to attach to the application, however I'm told this is not best practices.  So the question is, has anyone encountered this type of scenario where Attach does not work and used Launch instead?

Thanks, 
Perry

5 REPLIES 5

harish.m
MVP

Hi Perry Kaganis,

Which version of blue prism  you are currently encountered this issue?
Not sure whether you installed  Browser extension for chrome. if not that might be the case. 

Depends on the application some times required to launch the application when  page is taking long time to load 

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

pkaganis
Level 2

We're running version 7.1.1.  And yes, Blue Prism 7.1 Browser Extension was installed.  The application launches, but if detached or using another Object, attach will get hung up.  If the window titles were incorrect, then Attach would fail immediately.  But the window titles are correct by virtue of hitting Reload page, Attach will then work.  

So, Harrish, are you saying that in place of Attach, you use Launch to connect to an application? 

harish.m
MVP

Hi Perry,

No I would not use launch unless  if there is known issue on this version. But Seems there is no  known issues related to the one you encountered
One follow up question. Is the VM or machine you are using 32 bit  or 62 bit?

Below adding some known issues related to this.

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000079784

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000079796

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000079782

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

pkaganis
Level 2

The VMs and my machine are all 64 bit.

Hi Perry,

I am trying to attach using the process name as "chrome" and child index as 0 and it's working for me.
The process I followed was I launched the browser manually and trying to attach using blueprism.

35605.png

Regards,
Amlan Sahoo