Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input box

shuangchang1
Level 3
​Hi Everyone
I have the problems about input box,
I tried to spy a input box in IEWeb page and it already have data in it, I have to write new data to replace it, I can spy the input box and also can rewrite it,
but when I save the page the data in the input box return to its initial data, the data I write in it didn't be saved.
does someone meet the same problem and has some solutions?

------------------------------
shuang chang
PCS
Accenture
Asia/Shanghai
3 REPLIES 3

ChenglungTsai1
Level 5
You need to find out which function used by this website.

Some web site is designed to prevent malicious access or reduce the traffic so they will not accept some robot-like action.

Try using the send key event action to let the input box be activated.

Or after you write down something in input box, try using global mouse click on input box to activated that.

Chenglung Tsai
Consultant
Avanade

JohnyJain
Level 3
​As mentioned by Chenglung, you may try using Global Send Keys instead of Write. If there is text already, first click using Global Mouse Click inside the text box. Send Ctrl A to select the text and then delete key. Now using send keys write the new text.

Johny Jain
IT Solution Engineer
Kimberly Clark
Asia/Kolkata

It sounds like the field has a client-side event handler that is listening for human input (keyboard). The Write stage does not use the keyboard and may not trigger the event handler, so the web page believes the field is still empty. Using a human-like input (keystroke or click) is usually the answer.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism