cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating with Java on system with multiple JREs available

VladimirPerić
Level 6
I have an application which comes bundled with its own JRE (1.6), while my system has Java 1.8 installed by default. I've installed JAB 2.0.2 in the 1.6 JRE and have tested it using Java Monkey and Java Ferret - and everything works (elements are being recorded). JRE 1.8 has JAB already within in, and it also works. This was all tested using SwingSet2.jar. However, when trying to spy elements in BP, even though I see Java mode enabled and yellow boxes moving around, I keep getting the following error after selecting any element: System.ApplicationException: Exception getting Java Identfier KeyBindings Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) When I try to use the Application Navigator: BluePrism.BPCoreLib.BluePrismException: Failed to get snapshot - ERROR - ERROR:Exception getting Java Identfier KeyBindings Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.GetElementTree(String mode, Boolean includeInvisible, clsProgressMonitor monitor, String snapshot) at Automate.frmApplicationTreeNavigator.DoRefreshTreeWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument) I'm launching SwingSet2 as suggested in the documentation - in external 64 bit mode and using the "descendtree" parameter. Could this problem be caused by the different JREs present? My goal is to use JRE 1.6 (bundled with the application), as it's required for the app to run. How can I specify to BP which JRE to use when spying an application?
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Try the decendree setting that is mentioned in the Java Automatoin Guide and also mentioned in this knowledgebase article: https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/how-do-i-spy-all-the-elements-in-a-java-application

VladimirPerić
Level 6
Yes, I do have it, as I wrote in my initial comment. 🙂

eija_egerlind
Level 2
Any updates on this issue? Did you resolve it somehow? I'm experiencing the same issue with my application right now and have tried all the different solutions provided here on the portal.

Hi,
any updates on this issue? Did you resolve it somehow? I'm experiencing the same issue with my application right now and have tried all the different solutions provided here on the portal.

------------------------------
Niharika Parsi
------------------------------