cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal: Debug Hook failed: Failed to find reference to parent form

DeepaliBhola
Level 3
I am calling a business object and receiving the following internal error: "Internal: Debug hook failed - Failed to find reference to parent form". Does anyone know what the error is and what is the root cause for it? This error is not consistent. The same action is being called multiple time. Most of the time it works but some time it does not? Does any have any idea?
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you have unticked the 'restrict to non-invasive techniques' in application manager, then re-tick it.

DeepaliBhola
Level 3
It is already checked 'restrict to non-invasive techniques' in application manager, still it is throwing an error.

AndrewWatson
Level 2
Did you find another solution to this error? I do not have the 'restrict to non-invasive techniques' option in application manager as I am using the 'Browser based application' option but keep seeing this issue.

jgregor4
Level 6
I am also having this issue when running the process through the control room - I am also using a web browser so do not have the non-invasive option to tick. This is an issue that has only recently started happening and I see this error across multiple machines.

I noticed this issue is old, but here is a possible solution for others who might need it: We had issues with Debug hook in our organization. We only experienced the issue when one object called another object and this object resulted in an error that bubbled back up to the process. The next time this object was called, it would throw a debug hook exception. We figured that we needed to reset the bottommost object somehow.

Imagine a four layer structure:
  • Process Main Page (calls sub-page)
  • Process Sub-Page (calls object 1)
  • Object 1 (calls object 2)
  • Object 2 (throws exception)

Our solution is to 'reset' the object that threw the exception by stepping through an empty page in that object. So it works like this:
  1. Object 1 calls object 2
  2. Object 2 throws an exception
  3. Object 1 catches the exception and still within recover mode, calls an empty page (only start and end stage) in object 2
  4. Object 1 re-throws the exception
  5. Exception bubbles up and is handled in the process, everything works fine on next attempt

------------------------------
Birger Langebro
Consultant
AVO Consulting
Europe/Oslo

Hello,

I tried a few option, but with no result.

Did someone manage to solve this annoying issue?

Thanks in advance.

Cosmin Nitu