cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error, No Font with the name Arial was found

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all! I've gone through the Blue Prism Foundation Course, the Introduction to Surface Automation Win10 and now I am working on the Surface Automation Foundation Course. During the Font Identifying section of the Foundation Course, I was not able to find any fonts that would match the Calculator text. No fonts were found, even with all the criterias selected (All the font sizes and other options available). I made sure I had the 'Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts' unchecked and retried several times without any success, so I ended up skipping that section. Now as I was working on the Surface Automation, I was not able to Read or Recognize text using Read Stage for both: - The Selected Item in the Combo Box - An image of a specific row / column cell in the Tabulation section. I skipped the Combo Box exercise but I did try a few techniques for the Tabulation example. I tried setting the font in the Region and received the following error message when entering Arial 9.5 (or Arial 9, or any other value): ''Warning: the defined regions refer to 1 font with no defined characters: Arial 9.5: The character matching operations using this font will fail until it is populated, either by importing the font or generating it in this environment. Save changes and continue anyway?'' I attached the screenshot if you want to see it displayed properly and see what value I entered. Since that wasn't working, I decided that I would use a Read Stage and specify the font and color there. That also did not work, but this time, this was the error message: ''Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage 'Read First Name' on page 'Get Results' - No font with the name 'Arial 9.5' was found'' I did try with and without double quotes, Recognize Text, Read Text, etc. I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong here but it looks like Blue Prism has problem seeing my installed fonts. Can anybody provide help for that? Thanks! Marc
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello. This is not one I have heard of before. Sounds like a corruption in a font file or something. You could try the following: Go to the System area of the product and go to System->Fonts. If your Arial 9.5 is shown there delete it. Create/Recreate your font by selecting New-From System Font and fill in the font generator window with details for Arial 9.5 and generate it Go back to object studio and try again to see if the font now works. BTW - all trainees doing Blue Prism courses are supposed to have an experienced mentor allocated to them to help with training questions - it is the part of the accreditation path Blue Prism agrees with all Partners/Clients. If this is not in place with you maybe raise it with your manager.

NokulungaNxele
Level 2
Hi There, I am working on the Surface Automation foundation working on setcion 3.4 Read Action, In this section we are suppose to read a Results from the Calculator. I followed the instructions through but when i run the process , the value that is on the Calculator is not getting stored on the Data Item. Can you help regarding this please??

NokulungaNxele
Level 2
Hi There, I am working on the Surface Automation foundation working on setcion 3.4 Read Action, In this section we are suppose to read a Results from the Calculator. I followed the instructions through but when i run the process , the value that is on the Calculator is not getting stored on the Data Item. Can you help regarding this please??

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. First uncheck the ""Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts"" option in your system, once you are done with uncheck, system font will change and it looks like sharp (To switch off font smoothing in Windows 7, navigate to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced System Settings > Performance Settings, Select the Visual Effects tab and from the list presented uncheck the Smooth edges of screen fonts option) 2. Now enter some random number(0124569873) on calculator take screenshot along with result screen with help of PrntScrn/snipping tool and paste the screenshot into Microsoft paint. 3. Zoom the result screen and select color picker tool click on one of the result number. 4. Open the edit color window by pressing the toolbar button and observer the RBC(Red, Green and Blue) color it looks like 51,51,51 or it may be some number and eliminate Hue, Sat and Lum values 5. Convert RBG color values to hexadecimal, 51 divide by 16 it gives 33 6. And make a note of Hexadecimal value, you have to use color value in read stage in inputs of color ""#33333""(Blue prism supports only hexadecimal value)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All, I also found this issue but I try to fix this issue with before you create the release package you select process or business object dependencies. Hope this help.