cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer Run as Different User

TomCirone
Level 6
Hello, What's the best way to run IE as a different user through blue prism? I'm assuming there's some way with the Command Line Params in the Launch oebject, but can't seem to figure out how to structure it.  Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

NickZejdlik
Level 4
Blue Prism doesn't have any native support for this that I know of. While I'm not sure how well this would work, you could try checking into the runas command. For example, ""runas /user:domain\name cmd.exe"" would launch a command prompt window as the domain\name account. It does prompt for a password, however, which would likely require Blue Prism to send keys to the command prompt window to key in the password. I might add that this seems an odd way to do something. Are you sure there isn't a better way to accomplish whatever it is you're trying to do?

TomCirone
Level 6
Thanks for the advice, Nick. I'll look into that! We have a lot of applications that are single-sign on.  We're required to have different accounts for different processes, and are trying to avoid having to run the login agent every time we run a process.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Blueprism might have issues interacting with processes run by another user, but you should test it.

MelissaSuarez_G
Level 6
Running the application as a different user might cause some problems with Blue Prism. What worked best for me was changing the configuration of internet explorer to show a prompt asking for username and password when navigating SSO websites. Just go to > Internet Options > Security. And for each one of the security levels click on Custom Level > scroll all the way down until you see the section called ""User Authentication"" > select ""Prompt for user name and password"". To ensure that this configuration doesn't change, you might be better modifying this option with a security policy. 

TomCirone
Level 6
Thank you Melissa!  This could be a good work-around. I got the run-as working for launching but attaching for an IE browser doesn't seem to work when it's a different user (even though the attach has a username parameter).