cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet explorer has stopped working

Jan_LouisMoster
Level 3
Hi I have build a bot, that works well, except that some time during the process internet explorer stops working and blue prism freezes A popup appears with the heading (Internet explorer has stopped working) the same popup that is dealt with on the knowledge base Link to blue prisms knowledge base (https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/knowledge-base/internet-explorer-has-stopped-working-when-working-browser-element) They are suggesting that you spy the popup and click on the close button as a normal user would, however my problem is, that once the popup appears blue prism as well as internet explorer freezes and therefore does not continue with the process. I have build in steps in order to close the popup, as well as environmental checks to see if internet explorer is still running, however blue prism is unable to reach those steps in the process, as it freezes once the popup appears and does not continue with the process. I am running internet explorer 9 Any suggestions as to how i can deal with this?
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It sounds like the process execution thread is blocked by the pop-up. It's a difficult technique, but one that we've used in the past in a similar scenario (with a Java pop-up blocking BP) is to have a second process running in the background that waits for the pop-up and kills iexplore. Alternatively, if you can predict when the pop-up will appear you could also try temporarily detaching and then killing iexplore.

Jan_LouisMoster
Level 3
Thank you John How would you go about running 2 processes at the same time?, would you need 2 instances of blue prism?

PeterLacken
Level 7
Hi Jan, Did you ever solve this?  I am experiencing the same in Windows 10 on Internet Explorer 11.

ManojKumar3
Level 6
Hi Team, yes I do face the same issue. do we have any other alternate idea to solve it   Thanks     

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You can run multiple processes side by side on the same resource PC, provided the business object Run Modes are in alignment. Look up Run Mode in the Help for an explanation. To have one process run another asynchronously you need to employ the command line API. Again, the Help has some detail on the command line. As I said, achieving this is not easy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
If anyone has a solution,please contact me!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
If anyone has a solution,please contact me!!!!