cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Login Agent even required if Runtime Resouce state is already Connected

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, If the runtime resource is setup in a way that it is showing connected in control room and there is a organizational process setup to login to the runtime resource if there is a restart or logoff on the machine (the startup scripts are also setup to run automatically on logon). Thus, this ensures that the state of runtime resource is always shown as Connected in control room. With the above in mind, do we still need Login Agent? If yes, please provide a scenario in which we would need it. thanks Nikhil
11 REPLIES 11

SteveBoomer
Level 5
Hi Nikhil, yes the LoginAgent is required. You cannot send a login request to a resource without it. Once the login request has completed the resource runs the Automate.exe with parameters set (check the documentation) and the login agent is stopped (although not in the Windows services). When the resource logs off it will start the LoginAgent service again. Installing the login agent also provides you with the business object and processes required for login / log off / checked logged on etc. Hope this helps (and is correct - I'm relatively new to this myself), Steve

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi SteveBoomer You're absolutely right about it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, The question is if the resource never logs off, does login agent does any job. Or to put it in another way if the resource is always shows connected is the login agent doing any job. thanks Nikhil

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
If the Runtime machines are connected WITHOUT a Key icon (which means the runtimes are logged in), the job of LoginAgent is to Log them out. On the other hand, if the runtimes are connected WITH a Key icon (which means the runtimes are logged out and ready to log in), the job of LoginAgent is to Log them in. Hope this helps.

I would also assume that once the runtime resource is logged in , Login agent as such is NOT required. The 'Change Password' process might be one scenario that needs to be invoked as and when required.

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
Keep in mind that in normal environment you may need to reboot systems (i.e. after applying system patches). Then you would need login agent to automatically log on to the systems. If you have one robot and few processes doing this manually is not an issue. When you have teen or tens of robots then it is better to do this with the software.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone, I resolved the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone, I resolved the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all for response. I understand that Login agent is an automated way to start runtime resource if the resource vm has been restarted or bot user is logged off. I also understand that in larger environments this would be required if a lot of manual steps is to be removed. However the login agent is not required if the runtime resource connection is done manually and then the VM disconnected.