cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it poosible to update the existing rows in OLEDB?

Rama_RajuGK
Level 3
Hi, I want to update the OLEDB data using Update Query - when I running my process it always failing at Get collection stage with the below error message "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot find table 0" Can any one please let me know how to fix this error Regards, Ram
10 REPLIES 10

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It sounds like the table name in the query could be wrong

Rama_RajuGK
Level 3
Hi John - thank you very much for your response. I tried to Select query and it was working fine - so now I went to Update the table which is failing with the error message ""Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot find table 0"" added to the above question will the ""Get Collection"" action type supports the Update table? If not can you please let me know how can we update the table here - as I am able to see only 4 different action types in my OLEDB VBO[Set Connection,Open,Get Collection,Close] Regards, Ram

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The latest version of the OLEDB object does include an Execute action, what version of Blue Prism are you using and have you imported the latest VBO?

SandeepBhutani
Level 2
Hi, ""Cannot find table 0"" is dotnet error. You can handle and ignore it. It actually updates the table data, but just does not return anything back therefore shows this error.

Rama_RajuGK
Level 3
@Denis- I am using Blue prism version 5 which will is not having Execute action stage where as Version-6 bundled with the Execute action stage also.  @Sandeep - thanks for the help - now I am able to update the data in MS-Access , this I handled using Recover & resume option

Rama_RajuGK
Level 3
Hi  - added to the above -  I want to update the data using the collection field in the where clause - for this do we need to use loop or is there any other way to use the collection for Update process?

JeffMills
Level 3
Hi all, I can't find the updated OLEDB VBO (also need the 'Execute Action' function) on the new customer portal.  Can someone kindly send it to me? thank you, Jeff Mills jmmills@bechtel.com

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Please do not raise product support incidents if you do not get an instant response on a Forum thread.  This thread is a 'how do I' question that belongs on the forum rather than being something covered by a support contract.  Give time for threads to be answered an if you never get an answer that still does not make it a support bug/incident to raise a support request for! As mentioned in my last post, the latest version of the VBO has an execute action.  The VBO is only distributed with the product so I presume you do not have the latest version of Blue Prism.    I will upload the VBO onto this thread but please bear in mind it has only been tested by our product team for use with the version of the product that it is distributed with - it should work for you but if it does not it is not supported if you are using it with a different BP version.    

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Attached Data - OLEDB object from 6.1.