cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Write Collection (Fast) action in MS Excel VBO

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue while using Write Collection (Fast) action in Excel VBO. When there is already data in Excel and Bot is trying to write from the specific cell it's replacing the adjacent column or Row with blank values.
@ewilson Please look into the issue it seems to be a bug in the code stage.

Below is an example of the same.
Initial Value in my Excel as below image,
15118.png
Now BOT is using Write Collection (Fast) to write Value in B2 as 10, then the adjacent rows and column value automatically became blank

15119.png
Similarly when BOT is using Write Collection (Fast) to write Value in B2 as 10 and B3 as 5, then the adjacent column turns to blank.

15120.png

------------------------------
Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz

Regards,
Amlan Sahoo
48 REPLIES 48

Hi Amlan,

That's great news. Yes this fix will be in the next release along with a new requested feature. Due to this new feature it will be necessary for QA to review the asset so it may not make it to the DX for a few days.

regards

Geoff Hirst
Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA
SS&C Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

Hi Geoff,

The newly published Excel VBO has one action unpublished. "Add Criteria to Autofilter" action is not published. Could you please fix this anyway I have fixed this by myself but I think it needs to be fixed while uploading in DX.

14661.png
@ewilson Please look into this issue.

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for this. Not quite sure how this became unpublished but I will resolve today.

regards

Geoff Hirst
SS&C Blue Prism

@_Amlansahoo 

The issue has been addressed and an update has been posted to the DX.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi there,

We encounter a new issue after updating the VBO to version 10.1.3. This occurs when we use the actions "Get Worksheet Range as Collection" and "Get Worksheet as Collection Offset".

Whenever we use the option "Use Header = False" we are used to the enumeration starting with index 0, e.g. Column0, Column1 etc. Now with the new version the enumeration starts at 1, e.g. Column1, Column2 etc.

This resulted in several processes crashing. Is this the new normal behaviour or will this be fixed?

Best regards
Til

Til Minet
RPA Developer
EWE AG Germany
Oldenburg

Hi Til,

Thank you for being a SS&C Blue Prism customer and for using Blue Prism.

I am sorry you are having an issue with the component. I will take a look into your issue immediately and revert back to you with any issues I find. Please note, there were no changes to the actions you are having issues with in version 10.1.3. 

What version were you using previously, perhaps I can compare the code between the two versions.

regards

Geoff Hirst
SS&C Blue Prism

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your fast reply and your efforts! 

We used version 10.0.4 beforehand.

Best regards
Til

Til Minet
RPA Developer
EWE AG Germany
Oldenburg

Sidenote: The changelog states that the two actions mentioned by me were modified... 😉

14772.png

Til Minet
RPA Developer
EWE AG Germany
Oldenburg

Hi Til,

Indeed it does sir. Now, it seems this asset has also been updated to v10.1.4 very recently, the changelog to this version however hasn't been updated but our repository shows some updates to GetWorksheetVisibleRangeAsCollection.

Please could I ask you give me a little time to get this latest (the very latest!) version installed and I will be able to see what the differences are. For the record, I have compared the code that handles the first row as headers between your original version and that of 10.1.3 and that has not changed. So, the issue lies elsewhere. If you wish to try 10.1.4 and see if that changes anything for you that would also be useful.

I will report back to you by 12pm (my time - Scotland).

In the interim, if your investigations reveal anything else relevant please keep me posted.

regards

Geoff Hirst
SS&C Blue Prism

Hi Geoff,

This morning we updated to 10.1.4 and the issue persists. Thanks for looking into this - take all the time you need.

Best regards
Til

Til Minet
RPA Developer
EWE AG Germany
Oldenburg