cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in highlighting ServiceNow application's elements

VinamraSinghal
Level 3
HI Team,   I am trying to automate ServiceNow application and whenever I am highlighting any element, after spying, BP is crashing. I have checked on the portal as well but could not get the appropriate solution. So please suggest how to handle this issue.   PFA screenshots for same.
9 REPLIES 9

ClintonFernand1
Level 2
which mode are you trying to spy this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try to close the right side pane or hide it somehow. maybe that causes the issue

MarkStallard
Level 3
I also had problems with spying elements in a ServiceNow page which created a report. This page used the original JavaScript Angular framework (""Angular 1"") to generate the HTML page code. I also had trouble spying elements, and I do recall crashing Blue Prism when I tried to highlight one of the few elements I could spy. After consulting with a web developer in my organization, I developed some jQuery code to locate the elements I needed, populate the text fields, run the report and download it. Strangely enough, after a successful debug run, I was then able to spy page elements in the Application Modeller.  That was helpful, because I could then use those elements in Wait stages following the jQuery code. I suggest that you try JavaScript and jQuery to automate your ServiceNow page. The page may not have the full jQuery framework running, but I found enough to do what I needed. |+|  M a r k  |+|

TathagataPachal
Level 3
Thanks for the Information Mark. But I just wanted to confirm that have you developed JQuery and Javascript programes separately and run it over Service Now page (or) you have automated the HTML page of Service Now only. And it was of great help if you could share some piece of code that you have used for the issue. Please help. 

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
@Mark_Staller  I am also facing same problem. Requesting you to share some more details on how u automated it. Have u used  JAVA spying mode?  
Narayan

Hi Mark, We are also facing issues in automating servicenow, can you please share the initialize page setting of the object? it might have helped in spying elements?

------------------------------
Venkatraman Kaliyaperumal

Hi @NarayanShrawagi,

Did you try using API's for automating the Service now?

API's is one of the easiest and reliable way of performing the ServiceNow automation​

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Hi @NarayanShrawagi,

Java mode won't help you much. SNOW is quite a difficult application to automate. As @ManpreetKaur1 mentioned, try using API's which you can get from your client. For performing all the actions ( e.g. creating a ticket, updating a ticket, creating a service request etc.) , you can get the API's which can be easily triggered from blueprism​​

Ritansh Jatwani
Manager
Deloitte
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

In case you're not aware, there are several connectors available from the Digital Exchange that leverage ServiceNow APIs.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/search?keyword=ServiceNow&page=1

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange