cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Global send keys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have to send keystrokes to edit fields in an application by sending "ALT+3" so i used "%(3)", It works fine while running in object studio but when i run it via process sometimes it is giving issues. It sends "ALT+3" two times, I guess it has something to do with speed. With fast execution are global send keys reliable? I have also tried sending keys like this "{ALT}", but in this approach blueprism is giving error "ALT" is unrecognisable. Please let me know the approach how I can make my send key steps more reliable mostly when i want to send in a combination of ALT,CTRL or SHIFT plus any other key.
3 REPLIES 3

PrateekMehan
Level 6
Hi, It is advisable to use wait stages around GSK and if you are passing ""%3"" pass in GSK and if you are passing ""{ALT}"" pass in GSK events.

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, How I can pass wait stage in between ""%"" and ""3"". I have put wait stages before and after the navigation stage though, even then it is not working.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, If something works in object studio but not when ran from the process or control room the cause 99% of the time will be due to not following best practices in wait stages. Ensure you have intelligent waits after any screen navigation that causes the application to change. Anywhere that you click an element that will cause the application to react should intelligently be waiting for a screen element or image to exist before your flow continues. Secondly, ensure you have followed the tiny wait recommendations given in the Surface Automation training. Wherever you are doing any global screen interactions (global clicks or global send keys) - you must always activate your application first, followed by a tiny arbitrary wait (I usually use 0.25 seconds). Anywhere where you are about to use send keys to send text to an element that element must be active/focused first - so send a click to that element followed again by a tiny arbitrary wait). Where wait stages have not been correctly implemented your flow might work ok when being ran at a slower speed in object studio, but at full speed when called from your process it will be going too quick for your logic to work.