cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items are not recognised depending on how they're run.

DawidPekala
Level 4
HI everyone, something that confused me recently. We have a simple process that used one window in our internal CRM. When I run the process (in Debug) and step INTO the object that handles this window (and let it run through), it recognises the window. When I run the process (still in Debug), but I step OVER the object (or when I run it from Interactive Client) it fails to recognise it... The window is very generic and static, so it does not regenerate different message every time it opens, it seems like just by running it from Object Studio enables BP to focus on this window. Has anyone seen anything like that? How do I fight it? Regards Dawid
2 REPLIES 2

coreydrees
Level 4
try adding a activate application event or a global mouse click center on the page...sometimes if the objects not in the foreground some things don't work correctly. I had this happen when I was trying to send keys to dropdown lists. 

DawidPekala
Level 4
hi Coreydrees,  I was playing with the Navigate option as you suggested, and it seems that sending {Enter} key event works.. this is by far not ideal, as we are just blindly send the Enter to the application, rather than handling specific window, but it got us through.. thanks for your input. Regards Dawid