cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSON VBO compilation error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have passed a json string [in key value format] to the JSON VBO action "JSON to Collection" which converts json string into a datatable. It's giving the following error: Internal : Could not run the object because one of the code stages has a compile error, use Check for Errors for a list of problems I checked the code stage of the vbo and the function "ConvertToDataTable()" which the VBO uses for convertion is present in the Global Code tab in the Initialize page. You can rule out the issue of incorrect parameters(or data type) being passed. In the error list , here's what's given: Page: Initialize Stage:1 Error: Could not find library Newtonsoft.json.dll Page:Initialize Stage:1 Error:Compiler initialization failed unexpectedly.The system cannot find the file specified. So I checked the Initialize page and in the Code Option tab, the library is there in the External Refernces block already. Am I missing something? ... Any help/suggestion to resolve the issue is appreciated. thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so we solved this for now. It seems that when running in resource PC mode, the DLLs in the BP installation directory will not be found (acutally this is a problem we have already noticed and are working around). We simply copied the Newstonsoft.Json.dll from the BP directory to the .net folder ( in our case C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319). Now everything works. Now I would love to know, exactly why the DLLs in the BP directory is not found. This appears to be working for other people, so I am wondering what we are doing wrong.

TomislavAndric
Level 2
Dear Indika, We just run across the same issue and your proposed solution worked - thank you!  Just out of curiosity, have you come up with any idea for why the problem occured at all? Thank you

CR
Level 4
Just ran into this and worked for me as well.

ChrisRider
Level 4
Has there been any updates on this issue?  I'm using version 6.2.1 and have this issue.  I have copied the Newtonsoft dll to the .net folder, but am still getting the error.

ChrisRider
Level 4
I found another post in this forum where the person re-imported the VBO's.  I tried this and it solved my problem.  I had upgraded from v5.x to 6.2.1.  I had never used these particular VBO's in the past, so don't know if they worked previously or not.  Everything works great now.

DaveMorris
Level 14
I'm testing this currently, so what I'm going to say below is suspect. I'll try to come back and confirm once enough time has passed to be sure the problem is fixed. I'm posting this now in case I forget to come back to this post. =)   The Utility - JSON object's Business Object Properties (the information stage on the Initialise page) > Code Options tab > External References previously had this as an external reference: Newtonsoft.Json.dll I've changed it to this to see if it's as simple as BP not being able to find the dll: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

SyedRaza
Level 4
I am still facing this issue, can anyone help me if you have found any solid resolution? TIA