cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Stroke command not available

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hello !  I hope you are doing well.  Using the application modeller, I've spied a HTML edit area in which I enter some text, it works. I would just need to use a key stroke "enter" to validate, but I cannot find the command in the navigate stage. Did I do something wrong? Can you please help ?  Thanks for your help.
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi David - instead of the edit element, drag the root (top) element into a Navigate stage and you should see the Global Send Key option. Not that for GSK to work, the cursor has to be in the right place and the application has to be in focus (the same as if you were typing with the keyboard).

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hi John, is there any other way? It does not work unfortunately. I believe because the ""root"" is from the login page while the window where I input data is a pop up window with a URL link that change for each session. Is there another way? 

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Not really and it should work. If the pop up is in focus and the cursor is in the correct position, then sending a GSK or a GSK Event should work.

greg.virtudazo
Level 3
Have you tried creating a navigate stage specifying the root (top most) element then selecting Global Send Key Events with value ""{ENTER}""?

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hi John & Greg, So I tried and it still does not work unfortunately. I obtain this error message ""Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Enter and validate commo' on page 'Getreports' - Command 'AAFocus' gave invalid result