cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kill Process

BrianneGacad
Level 3
Hello All, I'm having a very weird issue wherein i do have a stage using "Utility - Environment, Kill Process" with parameter "iexplore" for process name. It's part of my exception handling wherein i kill all existing IE processes first before trying to relaunch the website and try working on the item again. It doesn't kill any process nor does it close the IE browser. Logs show it went to that action but for some reason it does not do anything and just relaunches IE. I then am left with a lot of IE browsers open and a never ending loop of it relaunching. I never experienced any of these when i was running on production laptops, but when we migrated it over to a server platform a lot of errors i never encountered just popped up and not to mention it is running extremely slow!! Any help and guidance is much appreciated Thanks! Brianne
10 REPLIES 10

PaulCurran1
Level 4
Hi, I have a similar problem. I have a process with an .exe that BP recognises as 'Exists' but 'Kill Process' has no effect so will result in an infinite loop if not handled. Even when stepping through the action it has no effect so I don't believe its anything to do with a delay as I can wait for hours and the application remains active. I've been trying to work around the issue by terminating the program but this causes a scenario where multiple instances are being held of another program which then causes the process to fail to launch. Any ideas? Paul.