cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Scale Reporting to Excel

coreydrees
Level 4
Let's say we want to report over a weeks work so the business knows whats been completed, whats pending... one week 2000 completed 200 exceptions 2000 pending (excess from input files we have yet to work) We were provided a reporting process template (from a consulting group) to pull completed, exception and pending items into three separate collections, merge them into one main collection, loop over this main collection to massage data as we need and then write the collection to an excel after.  This loop becomes terrible slow after we hit 2000ish items and we are always risking an out of memory crash error.   What is a better way to solve this reporting issue? I will take time to think/research on my own but would love it if there is a better way to report with a blueprism process (and not a database job).
5 REPLIES 5

MelissaSuarez_G
Level 6
Try disabling the logging for all the stages or changing it to ""Log errors only"" for the processes and objects that are required to run that job.

coreydrees
Level 4
Thanks Melissa - will give it a go.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

coreydrees
Level 4
Hey John - I like this object, it seems to be doing the trick. Thanks for recommending it.    That being said, constructive criticism time :). I do have some issues with it. Why are tags being used to define exceptions? Is that a best practice somewhere? We aren't doing it like that so that functionality in this object is unused overhead. Also, I can't run a report on just pending items without modifying the code.  Overall though like I said, thank you for releasing this object and coming up with this solution!

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I think it is best practice somewhere - in the Process Template (which was used as the basis for the Lifecycle Orientation training solution).