cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch Stage Issue

SachinBais
Level 4
Hello All, I am working on web based application in which i need to launch the application via internet explorer.I am having issue with the Launch Stage. While launching the application by  launch Stage (Navigate Stage), it will launch the application but will stuck there and after few seconds launch stage will throw a exception : Failed to launch application- there are no more files (Exception from HRESULT: (0x80070012)) however the application is launched by the blueprism launch stage. kindly suggest the best solution since i got stuck here.   Thanks in advance Sachin Bais 
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
It is usually to need some experiment with how you launch applications, especially browser apps.  What have you tried so far?  Have you experimented with TabProcGrowth registry setting (mentioned in the Browser Automation Guide), have you tried starting your application via the Start Process utility action and then attaching to it (rather than launching from within Blue Prism)?

SachinBais
Level 4
Hello Denis, Thanks for your valuable comment.     I am launching my application by simple launch stage(Navigate stage) only and yes i did few R&D with the TabProcGrowth Values. i changed it to 0 at that time the launch was not working properly however i changed it to 1 and the launch i working fine............................  Apart from this issue i encountered with new one with attach  ................let us consider i am launching the application by Blueprism and the application is launched properly while spying the element i am getting four modes respectively-WIN-32,accessibility,HTML and Region ........... however if the the application is already launched and i am trying to attach it. it will attach the application while spying the element it will give only Three Modes-WIN-32,accessibility and Region....................same application if i launch it, i will be getting 4 mode and if i attach it, i will be getting 3 mode.....................could you please let me know the solution for it.... i will share 2 screenshot of attach stage and application modeller config.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The lack of html mode tells me that you are attaching to the wrong IE process - you are attaching to the main outer window process rather than the internal COM object process.   TabProcGrowth not existing or set to 1 means that IE will use multiple windows processes for a single application.  There will be the main windows process, and there will separate processes for each IEFrame (which can be every tab or pop-up etc).  Your attach is not giving you HTML mode because you have attached to main window rather than internal tab.  You need to experiment with the Child Index setting in your attach stage (mentioned in the Browser Automation Guide).

SachinBais
Level 4
Thanks Denis, above solution worked fine............... Thank you so much.....appreciate your help. 🙂