cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch an executable file

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hello, Could you please tell me how to launch an ".Bat" file with Blue Prism? I couldn't find that in the utility file management. Thank you, David  
6 REPLIES 6

Sambashiva_RaoT
Level 4
Hi David,   You can use the Utility - Environment, it has a start process action where you can pass the location of your Bat file as parameters.   Regards Sambashiva

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hi Sambashiva,  Thank you very much for your message.  I tried to use this command with the following parameters:  Application: Filepath of my Bat file Arguments: nothing Is seems it launches the cmd asks me to ""press any key to continue"" but it doesn't execute what my .Bat file is supposed to do. Did I do something wrong?   Thank you,  David

Sambashiva_RaoT
Level 4
Hi David, Try to use this code in your object's code stage System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Path of Bat file);   add System.Diagnostics in the import statements.   Regards Sambashiva

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hi Sambashiva, Thank you for your message. To be sure I understand: This is the object original parameter:  ""If Arguments"""" Then   System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Application, Arguments) Else   System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Application) End If"" -------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is what I did : If Arguments"""" Then   System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(""C:\myfile.bat"") Else   System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Application) End If   ""add System.Diagnostics in the import statements."" --> Where does this go? Thank you very much again. 

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Can anyone help please? I just need this to finish my robot 🙂 

JayBorden
Level 3
If you are still stuck on this, you can put the full file path in both parameters of the Utility - Environment > start process  action.