cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching Internet Explorer - E_ACCESSDENIED

DavidEdwards-Da
Level 5
When launching Internet Explorer for automating a webpage, I am randomly getting the following exception thrown: Failed to launch application - Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) This occurs with both the "Launch" button in Object Studio and when using the "Launch" method within a navigate stage. This error /does not/ always occur, but when it does start occurring I still haven't pinned down how to resolve it short of rebooting the PC. Sometimes it will start working again, after closing/reopening Blue Prism. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Again, the issue is intermittent.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I've never heard of this so is probably an environment issue in some way. I'd recommend changing how you lauch the web app to work around it, maybe launch Ie with that URL via process start (environment utility object) and then attach rather than using launch with the object.

DavidEdwards-Da
Level 5
Whilst googling around I came across a few bugs raised against Selenium Webdriver that spoke of a similar intermittent issue. In one of the replies there was a piece of information that the ""about:blank"" page being treated as special by Internet Explorer. I still don't know why it worked sometimes and not others, but changing the page I launch IE with from about:blank to another page within our Intranet that has a quick loading time has resolved the issue. Left a process on loop for 500 tries of launching and closing IE.