Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching Multiple Object

dilshad_khan
Level 4

Hi Mukesh,

Good Day,

I am trying to launch multiple wave sites in a single object , is it possible if yes then how , and if i am trying to launch in different object the is it possible to launch in a single browser ( in New Tab)  please let me know i am not wanting to open chrome multiple time in same session is it possible to open ?

Thank You In Advance !

------------------------------
Dilshad Khan
2 REPLIES 2

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi Dilshad Khan - If you are trying to launch different websites in a single browser session - there are multiple ways to do so - please follow below steps: 
Use the as is launch option through navigate for first website, you can generate the tracking ID as well in Launch option - Output and once launched to open multiple tabs - You can either use Global send keys to do Control + T to open a new tab, Control+L to set at URL input and pass the URL path through global send keys then Hit Enter and the second way around is to use the Set Address option - Element spied having the ""Web Path/Xpath"" attribute = "/HTML[1]" as the value, use a Navigate and ""Set Address"" and pass the URL.

Additionally you can switch between the tabs by sending global send keys as: Control + 1 for first tab, similarly control + 2 for second tab to activate or interact.

See some screenshots for reference:
24873.png
24874.png
24876.png24878.png24879.png
Bear in mind the difference between the Tracking ID and Child index - Tracking ID is used to interact with specific window - when you have multiple web sessions loaded (Multiple Windows) and Child Index is when you have same edge session with Multiple tabs - you can use the child index through Attach to interact with tab of your choice, use combination of these when you have multiple tabs and Multiple windows to interact as per your actions in the object.

Regarding other part of your question - on using different object but same browser session/window - it will become unnecessary complicated but just for awareness - You can still attach to running instance of the Edge and similarly perform above actions to add your new URL in separate tab in the same running Window/Session - but I would not recommend this as this would have dependency on the web browser running by other object - in case of failure of one would result in failure of second due to the inter dependency, Use Tracking ID instead by running different session windows in case of different object launches.

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Launch one URL , do the work, log out from that URL and then pass F6 and paste another web URL by leveraging option given by  Mukesh Kumar.

I noticed that few organization is not closing browser session so that extension issue do not come up again and keep using the same session which is opened.

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect