cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching a 2nd application in an Edge tab

Fran.Woodcock
Level 4

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me programme BP to launch a secondary application on Edge but on a tab, rather than in a whole new window. 

OR

Help me set up all new Edge windows to open as maximised as default. I don't really want to have to set up a stage to click the maximise button if I can help it...

I am finding the first application is opening to a full screen fine, but the second one is a part screen and therefore my log in stages are not recognising that the application is loaded. 

Many thanks

Fran

------------------------------
Fran Woodcock
1 REPLY 1

harish.m
MVP

Hi Fran Woodcock,

Below steps help you to open new application in new tab.

1) Launch Application 1 by using Launch Action 

2) Spy the window frame of the browser 

3) Try to use Global send Keys  with send keys as Ctrl+T( it will create new tab)
Or you can click plus button next to the active tab to open a new tab and use short cut to Like left right to navigate the tabs,
4) Spy the Navigation bar where  we enter URL - and  Use Focus + Global Send keys to enter the URL( I believe there is an action called Navigate to URL if I recall)

in order to maximize  the browser. spy the window frame and use Maximize so that it will help  Maximizing the browser instance also  you can use Activate application action  by using windows frame.

i include this in My Attach action  and add Attach page in the each action of that particular object so that it will always maximize and activate the application.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]