cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License utilization

We have 10 license and need to know how many hours each license has been used in a day.
Already We have store procedure which give the details based on session and resource usage.

We need data in below format :

License 1 - 12 hr 22 mins
License 2 - 10 hr 52 mins
License 3 - 7 hr 44 mins
License 10 - 37 mins

Thanks

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

If you have multiple licenses their sizes are pooled into a single capacity for the environment. There is no concept of 'sessions 1-3 ran using license A and sessions 4-10 ran on license B', or 'license A was used for 5 hours yesterday', or 'the next process to start will use license C'. Sessions are not tied to individual licenses. Sessions can start if the current utilization level is less than the total license capacity.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Your license governs the number of concurrent sessions you can run in Production. It does not limit the number of published processes or resources you have. Utilization is usually calculated by slicing a timeframe into intervals and then counting the number of sessions that existed in each interval. This then gives you the ability to see the change in utilization levels over the course of the timeframe.
Utilisation SQL Script  

sumire
Level 8

Hello @gokulrajsaravanan93 ,

As @John__Carter said, your license governs the number of concurrent sessions you can run in Production.
Therefore, if you want to know whether you are using licenses efficiently, the information you need to obtain is "the maximum and minimum number of concurrent executions in a specified time period."

Heat maps are one of the useful methods for visualizing congestion levels.
I wrote an article about how to get information from Blue Prism DB and turn it into a heat map using PowerBI:
https://qiita.com/Sumire_Neko/items/218cbb66fa958c4ce1bd 
I wrote this article in Japanese. Therefore, I apologize for the inconvenience, but please use machine translation to read it.

------------------------------
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo
------------------------------

Hi John, 

Thank you for your response.  Based on your input, I can get the license utilization based on the session and its time frame.
However the ask is I need the exact utilization of the license based on license used time and not with session created.

For example,

I have three license.
License A, License B and License C.

Session 1 : Assuming License A is used
Start time - 11:00
End time - 13:00

Session 2 : Assuming License B is used
End time - 13:05

Session 3 : Assuming License C is used
End time - 13:08

I am starting a session at 13:30 , need to know which license is used for this session ?
License A , B & C is used how many hours in the day

Hi - I think your perception of licensing is slightly off. Don't think of A, B and C - in reality you have one licence that permits up to 3 concurrent sessions. So at 13:30 if your utilization is 2 or less, then you have the capacity to start a new session.

Hi John - Let me rephrase the statement. License A has one concurrent session , License B has one concurrent session and License C has concurrent one session -  then all three session are available at 13:30 , I need to know which license will be used for the 13:30 session.

In detail scenario 

I have three license with two concurrent session each.
License A, License B and License C.

Process 1 : Assuming License A session 1 is used
End time - 13:00

Process 2 : Assuming License A session 2 is used
End time - 13:05

Process 3 : Assuming License B session 1 is used

Process 4 : Assuming License B session 2 is used

Process 5 : Assuming License C session 1 is used
End time - 13:09

I am starting a bot Process run at 13:30 , need to know whether in database we can check the availability of which license and session will be used for this run?
Also License A,B & C is used how many hours in the day. if license A have two concurrent session then total work hours is 48 hours. I need to know how many hours it has been used.

Thanks

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

If you have multiple licenses their sizes are pooled into a single capacity for the environment. There is no concept of 'sessions 1-3 ran using license A and sessions 4-10 ran on license B', or 'license A was used for 5 hours yesterday', or 'the next process to start will use license C'. Sessions are not tied to individual licenses. Sessions can start if the current utilization level is less than the total license capacity.