cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent Issue

CR
Level 4
So I created a process to print a bunch of notices that the government sends us. The process launches the firefox browser and then clicks the customer print icon and prints the page. The process works beautifully when I run it on in the control room on multiple PC's including the resource pc setup with the login agent. However when it is scheduled via the login agent it seems to run into trouble. It can seem to find the spied printer icon or other buttons. The item was spied as a button in Active Accessibility. Any ideas about why this is occurring?. Or can anyone share if there a way to debug through a scheduled task using the login agent to check on weird behavior. Using BP 5.2. Thanks  
11 REPLIES 11

MartynasBalaisi
Level 7
could you elaborate on "" However when it is scheduled via the login agent it seems to run into trouble ""? This task should be run via Resource PC. Loging agent, with some exceptions, is just a service to log in user/robot into windows (not to run processes).   Check this: https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6%20User%20Guide%2… , especially "" Using Login Agent "" part.

MartynasBalaisi
Level 7
To add to previous, the scheduling logic should be something like this: use process ""Login"" on ""Login Agent"" to create windows session Wait a bit for windows to load and Resource PC to start Run your process on ""Resource PC

CR
Level 4
Yes the login agent ""login"" process is setup and works fine. Added a 3 min delay and then kick off my work process. The process starts up and launches the website and then has to click a navigation stage. When it runs this way it provide the generic error that say something about ""not able to find the button with the stage"". When I run it on the resource PC by logging into it via remote desktop and using the control room it works and finds the stage and completes successfully.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey rodrigc, that seems to be a problem with the login on the machine. Blue Prism Login Agent should login by using the Console Sessions - not a RDP Session. You might connect to the Server console session and watch what the scheduler is doing. We had the exceptions because windows was locking the screen after some time. You should be fine when you figure out how to connect to the session which blue prism attaches to and watch your process. Best regards Marcel

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Are you certain the Login Agent portion isn't throwing errors? As @mkaefke mentioned, RDP breaks Login Agent. Disconnecting from an RDP session does not resolve this.  You're better off connecting using something like TeamViewer. Alternatively, if you have to use RDP, I'm attaching a .bat file in .txt format. Set up a scheduled task with remote session disconnect as a trigger, and ensure it runs with elevated permissions. Please be aware that there is a known-issue with this scheduled task trigger that may kick it off on RDP connection as well as disconnection, but the logic in this file should account for that. In case of failure, RDP in as any other account and disable the task.

RajeshKumar
Level 5
Scheduler - Sometimes AA mode (Global click center) on Web app does not work. I would suggest use HTML mode and do click center and include at least 2 sec wait allowing web to load completely before performing any action or at least for this one.

I think everyone above is missing a point a little. You have to remember that when you login via Login Agent, VM is being opened in "headless" mode, meaning screen is not being rendered. Therefore you cannot use Mouse Click, Send Keys, check active windows, activate etc, because those do not exist. In order to fix this, you would need to re-write the robot so it does not rely on any of the above.

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
Hi Rodrigc, We had the same issue.  Running a process on a local machine or on a remote session was no problem and the process would complete. But using login agent with the screen not being displayed anywhere and suddenly the robot cannot identify elements on screen. This is to do with how Windows handles different types of sessions.  The others in the thread have more experience than me and some have helped me with the same/similar issue (shoutout to @Amibarrett!) Before you write off the work you have done, try this if you haven't already.  Restart the resource machine or use the .bat script amibarret gave you. Then try using loginagent and running the process.  If the desktop had been opened as a remote session or had a display output at anypoint since it was turned on it will have changed some setting making it behave differently and fail to identify elements.  Restartign the machine / using the .bat changes those settings back to the default. Might work!  best of luck

AmiBarrett
Level 12
@Pawel - We have experienced no issues using these features in conjunction with Login Agent. That being said, all of our accounts login via netplwiz; we only use Login Agent to unlock the VM with the same credentials.