cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent with Resource Pools

TomCirone
Level 6
According to BP documentation, you need to have separate schedules to use the login agent.  Does this mean that you can't use resource pools with the login agent? How can you guarantee both the login agent schedule and process schedule run on the same machine if they're separate schedules?
12 REPLIES 12

@AmiBarrett: Thank you for the hint! The Login works for me. However, how does your Schedule look like? My schedule ist Login-process-logout (running time > 2 min) and runs every minute. I have 2 ressources in my pool. The scheduler always starts only on one of the machines. The next schedule doesnt start after a minute but waits until previous schedule has finished. 

Do I need 2 Logins,processes,logouts for 2 Resources in the scheduler?

------------------------------
Lukas Maier

It's been a few years since then, and I've since changed employers. In that particular deployment, my team had actually written our own controller in C# to replace the one provided by Blue Prism, which got around some of the limitations of the 5.x platform that were present at the time (this being one of them).

Your order of tasks within a schedule looks correct, and the scheduler shouldn't be aware of which account is being supplied to Login Agent on that level. In theory, as long as it's a pool, it should allow you to execute the same process/schedule twice. If it's still causing problems, you might try experimenting with an active queue against your pool.

Ami Barrett
Solution Architect
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX

Thank you for the reply Ami!!

Active queues doesnt fit our use case. However, I am playing around with environment locks so that the pool is able to check if a resource is available. I plan to run two separate schedules on the pool with a little time in between.

Will keep you updated 🙂  

Lukas Maier