cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login agent screen resolution issue on VDI

VinothkumarC_N
Level 3
We are facing a problem when running though login agent on VDI. By default the screen resolution sets to 1280*800 on VDI when we run through login agent. However our preferred resolution is 1366*768. We tries setting the screen resolution on regedit. However by default it sets to 1280×800 only. Please let me know if anyone has resolved this type of issues on your end
8 REPLIES 8

MichałBiegała
Level 2
Hi kvinoth88, the answer dependes on your VDI setup/usage. You can create Power Shell script or CMD script to set resolution and add it to logon script. Other way is to create a Windows Task to be run after logon which sets the reslotion to your needs. MB

StephanWinterst
Level 3
Hi MBiegala, i have the same Problem. The Resolution after LogIn is 1024 x 768. I habe a PowerShell Script and an Code Stage in a Business Object in BP. Unfortunately, no solution works. I have no rights to manually change the Resolution. Is there another way, or what does your PowerShell script look like? Stephan

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This is a question for your systems architect who is designing your infastructure - the vdis' should be persistent/unchanging.   One thing worth checking is the user profile of the user logging in - is the login agent user different in set up?

RonAng
Level 5
You have to talk to the team who provided you this instance. They will have to change the base/default resolution to the one that you require. This is something that BP/Login agent cannot alter.

StephanWinterst
Level 3
Thank you for Answer. I'm talk with the IT in our house.

vikastripathi
Level 2
I am also facing same problem. VM resolution is fixed/disabled and it is taking only one option- 1366X768. As per our business requirement, we need to change screen resolution.

ByronFinley
Level 2
Using a virtual machine management tool such as VMware, the provisioning of the vm has default settings for graphic resolution that can be modified during setup. It is also dependent on the amount of video memory provisioned and therefore the two settings combined determine the maximum level of resolution that can be attained. Using a command such as  ""setres.exe"" from command line can only be set within the range established between the default setting and the maximum allowed by the video memory allocated.

Hi Vikas, I am facing this similar issue could u pls let me know whether u have the solution for this issue.

------------------------------
Balramsingh K S
------------------------------