cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx for 64 bit op. system

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi, Is there any version or any way of getting MAPIEx to work on a 64 bit operating system? All the best Maria
8 REPLIES 8

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
MAPIEx works on 64bit OS. I believe that only Outlook needs to be 32bit.

Deep.Shah
Level 6
If it's the dll files issue, you can refer the below link- https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/article/link/mapiex-mail-vbo-re

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
The problem is actually related to logging onto the Outlook profile. I have tried leaving the profile field both empty as well as providing it with relevant profile name, but none of those options work. I get the error message: ""Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to log onto profile XX"". I figured this must be because of the operating system, but perhaps there is another reason for this - do you have any suggestions? Regards, Maria

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Is the profile set up in Mail? Control Panel Search for Mail Show Profiles -Tom

Hi Tom, Yes the profile is set up. I have tried both using the default profile 'Outlook', as well as creating a new one. Additionally, I have tried leaving the field empty. None of these options worked for me. I assumed this was because of the op. system being 64 bit. Could you advise on what may be the problem? Regards Mariá

amit_malhotra
Level 3
I have tried multiple options suggested in various forums however I continue to get the below error: Failure in Get Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to log onto profile XXX

anyone has any clue on this issue?

ShreyansNahar
Level 5
As suggested earlier by Peter, I think you need to relocate the DLLs required for the MapieX object to work. If not, then check the e-mail profile in Control Panel > Search for Mail > Show Profiles. You need to replicate the same name when you use the Profile name in the Input arguments. For instance, if your default profile is named as ""Default Outlook Profile"" in Control Panel, you need to use the exact same name in Blue Prism. I had faced the same issue and it got resolved by relocating the DLLs.