cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Excel VBO: Error on "Is Read Only" page

DarielDato-on
Level 2
Hello! I've tried searching the forums to see if anyone had a similar issue, but could not find any related results. I believe there is a bug on the "Is Read Only" page of the MS Excel VBO. When I try to use this action, I get the following error: ERROR: Internal: Could not execute code stage: Object of type 'System.String' cannot be converted to type 'System.Decimal'. I've check all my input argument types and they are set correctly. So it seems like there's an issue with the internal code for the MS Excel VBO object. I've tried reading through the code, but have not found what causes the error. Any help would be appreciated! I'm using BluePrism Version 5.0.33.0. Thanks!   Best, Dariel Dato-on
4 REPLIES 4

SivakrishnaVadl
Level 3
Hi, If possible can you share the xml file. There is no issue with the object [MS Excel VBO].[Is Read only]. But the only concern is, if you open any workbook in read only mode and make some changes and save it, It will be saved. But actually it should throw an error. Thank you, Sivakrishna Vadlamudi +918807250680

DarielDato-on
Level 2
Thanks for your help! Attached is the XML file.

DarielDato-on
Level 2
Also, attached is a screenshot of the error if that helps. Unfortunately, I could not attach both attachments to the previous message.

PaulCurran1
Level 4
I had the same problem and when debugging I noticed that one of the inputs that the 'Check Read Only' code stage was expecting was 'workbook name'. This input was set as numeric as opposed to text which seemed to cause the issue. I changed the 'workbook name' input to text and it solved the problem.