cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query related to Login agent

VinamraSinghal
Level 3
Hi All, Need your help on below query: We have servers which requires daily password generation process for login. Process to generate the password: 1. Enter Credentials to login into TPAM website. 2. Select option to get the OTP on mobile/email/call. 3. Enter the OTP to login. 4. Navigate to the steps to generate the password.   Requirement: We want to implement the login agent functionality so just wanted to understand if it is possible to update the password on daily basis in login agent. If yes, how can we implement this? Also please share the challenges.  
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Login Agent takes it's password from the BP credential store, and you can update credentials via a process. So in theory you could create a process to do 1-4 and update the credential that the Login process will use.

AlexanderBopp
Level 4
Hi John, i think this fits in here: We would also like to use a VM by two different User IDs (two different username+password combinations). The Login Process of LoginAgent however takes the credentials per default from ""Windows Login: VMNAME"" and does not offer something like an input username. What we would like is to run a process on that VM in the morning (by User1) and a second process in the evening (by User2). Would you have an idea on how to realize this best?   thanks and regards Alex

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Alex - you're right the Login Process assumes the BP credential name is based on the PC name. But it does not have to be like this and you are free to invent an alternative naming convention. Perhaps the calculation that assembles the text ""Windows Login: VMNAME"" could include am/pm, eg ""Windows Login: VMNAME AM? Or perhaps you could have 2 Login Processes, eg Login AM and Login PM, with each one having a different credential naming style?

Hi vinamrasinghal151,   I would like to ask you if you already did this implementation? I believe that you can avoid use the TPAM website by using it´s DLL implementation. With this, you can simply add in your BP script the DLL and use a C# code to get the credential.   I believe that you will need a second bot like John said just to retrieve that credential, so one credential will be necessary just to go to TPAM and retrieve this second one (with more access, I believe).   Could you post here your achievement on this?