cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Excel VBO - Old format or invalid type library

Anonymous
Not applicable
When trying to open a correct .csv file with the MS Excel VBO - Open Workbook, I receive the following error: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Old format or invalid type library. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80028018 (TYPE_E_INVDATAREAD)) Has anyone ever encountered this? Kind regards
4 REPLIES 4

SamanthaShaw
Staff
Staff
SYMPTOM When trying to open an Excel workbook from a Code Stage the following error is encountered: ""Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Old format or invalid type library."" The error code 0x80028018 (TYPE_E_INVDATAREAD) is invoked. CAUSE This error can occur when the user's locale is set to a different language to the language of the installed version of Excel. RESOLUTION A known solution is to edit the Excel VBO and add a code stage to the Initialise action containing the following line of code:- Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = New Globalization.CultureInfo(""en-US"", True)

ArchiveUser
Level 4
I was experiencing same problem and that line of code above helped me, thanks a lot.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another solution which worked for me is to install the language pack for Office which corresponds to the user's locale. So, for instance, if you have an English version of Excel and your locale is set to German, you will need to install the German language pack for Office.

SumitSingh
Level 3
can someone tell more on these packs.??