cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Excel VBO

RajathGopal
Level 5
Hello, I have added logic to MS Excel VBO to color a cell when the cell range input range is passed.  I just believe it is not a good practice because we will have to provide the MS Excel VBO to be imported in the production server if there is any new update released by Blueprism we will have to keep integrating it.. Is there any other way to handle this ?
19 REPLIES 19

RajathGopal
Level 5
The thing is that it works when amended in the original MS Excel VBO but not in the extended one even though they both are exactly the same 

RajathGopal
Level 5
any comments on this ??

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The fact it works in one VBO but not another one tells me they are not exactly the same.  Do a Save As on the original one, remove standard actions appart from the start/attach/exit actions - and bingo, you have a new extended vbo with your working action in...

RajathGopal
Level 5
Hey Denis I did try the save as but still no go...Removed all the actions except for the ones that i need i stepped in each stage to determine where exactly it is failing it reaches to check handle stage in checkinstancehandle action and it fails but what makes it strange is i am not sure how it works when modified in the original one.  Please find the attached error.

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
Hi Rajath, Do you use both VBOs in the same time? I've got exactly the same issue, when I opened xls using orignal VBO and then tried to connect with my custom VBO. I ended up with using only my custom VBO. Regards, Tomek A.

RajathGopal
Level 5
Hey Tomek,  Yep i actually do use both the VBO's. I am just using the custom VBO for coloring the excel cell rest other actions are being called from the main Excel VBO.

Amit_KumarSingh
Level 2
seems this issue is coming due to duplicate pages which has duplicate codes as well. try deleting others pages from newly created Excel VBO and keep only that page which you are going to use. Also keep in mind others codes should not be deleted else this may create also a problem. Hope it should work.

RajathGopal
Level 5
Hey Amit, I do not believe it is because of duplicate pages and codes as i have tried removing them at the beginning. I believe that handle created using the original MS Excel VBO and then passing that as an input to the custom one is creating an error. i will have to try launching the excel as well from the custom VBO and give it a shot and check if that works

RajathGopal
Level 5
This issue has been fixed thanks for you support guys. It was because handle created using the original MS Excel VBO and then passing that as an input to the custom one was generating that error

Anonymous
Not applicable
How to use MS Excel VBO-Format Cell?