cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook VBO - Error in get mail stage

NielsHansegård
Level 3
Hi.  I am trying to use the MS Outlook VBO - Get Mail. When i run the process to get the unread e-mail from Outlook, the object runs into Abort. I am not sure why the process is returning this error. According to the VBO documentation MS Outlook VBO should work with both 64bit and 32bit Outlook and 2013 and 2016 version.  The error message "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))"  My process is: Start -> Action: Get mail that is referring to the object "Get Received items (Basic)" And the error message is thrown in the "Internal Get items" in the Object.  Anyone who have experienced this error message in relation to MS Outlook VBO or any other object?   Thank you!   
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

NielsHansegård
Level 3
Thank you for you answer! It does not work when i am telling it to pull read, and unread emails. I can see that programmatic access it not enabled, and due to organization policies i am not able to change this.  I am wondering why the MapieX works, but not MS Outlook VBO? They do more or less the same thing?  Thank you again! 

View answer in original post

11 REPLIES 11

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Does this work without telling it to only pull unread email? Likewise, are you certain programmatic access has been enabled in Outlook?

NielsHansegård
Level 3
Thank you for you answer! It does not work when i am telling it to pull read, and unread emails. I can see that programmatic access it not enabled, and due to organization policies i am not able to change this.  I am wondering why the MapieX works, but not MS Outlook VBO? They do more or less the same thing?  Thank you again! 

AmiBarrett
Level 12
MAPIex uses a custom dll written by Blue Prism. Due to some sort of black magic (I suspect goat sacrifices), it's able to bypass this check. However, this is also likely the same part of the code that causes it to be as unstable as it is.

Iam aslo getting same error if anyone have solution it would be helpful.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
@Taduri - It sounds like for @Nilesh, the problem was Programmatic Access in Outlook. Is this enabled for you?

@amibarrett - Programmatic acess was disabled in my Outlook to.   But when i run get received mail(Basic) action giving "sender mail" input parameter it is completing process but not giving any values in collection.        

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Is it looking in the right folder? I think that action only defaults to the root Inbox folder of the main account for whatever profile you're using at the time. If it's in either a shared inbox or a sub folder, it won't work as expected.

Ravindersaini
Level 7
Hi,    Is this issue resolved ? Im looking for the Email in Inbox folder and have only 1 outlook profile configured and I'm still getting this error.

Hi All,

I was facing this issue.
But I'm getting this error while sending emails.
Solution : If your Outlook application is closed , Outlook VBO is not working fine.
When I kept my outlook open and  run the send email action it completely works fine.
please try that.

------------------------------
Sharath Kumar Pennada
Consultant
Deloitte Consulting India Private Limited
Asia/Kolkata
------------------------------