cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSAccess - Focus Action makes BluePrism wait forever

TobiasMarquardt
Level 2

Hi community,

i've got a Access-Database with a list im trying to read, this works perfectly. But when theres no data, the list is empty for the user, but not for BluePrism. Even when i check "visible on screen" it still detects and highlights the checkbox in the studio:
35755.jpg

My action focusses this checkbox, which is working, when there is data:

35756.png
when there is no data, it can still be focussed. But if you focus it, MSAccess gives you an error message:
35757.png
i cannot reproduce this error message when using MSAccess. If i click into the window randomly nothing happens. This error exclusively appears when i use the object studio and tell BluePrism to focus it. I use the step-by-step-button.
So the following happens: 
- i click on the "next step" button
- object studio sends the "focus"-action to MSAccess
- MSAccess generates this error message
- object studio does not go to the next steps, it does nothing
- in the title bar you can read studio is still working on the step - forever:
35758.png(german Version)  
- i cant use object studio anymore until i manually click the "ok" button on the error message
When running the process in control room, the same happens. The process is running indefintely and wont stop, Next step for BluePrism would be to click "OK" but BluePrism does not go the next step, it just tries to focus forever.
How can i tell BluePrism to try to run this step for a maximum of "x" seconds and then abort the try and step over it? For my process i could just delete the "focus"-action and go on but lets pretend for a second i could not.
Thanks for your answers,
Tobias
2 REPLIES 2

harish.m
MVP

Hi Tobias,

It sounds like  element is highlighting though it is not visible?

If so Did you get chance to try Enabled attribute selection in UI Mode? or  else try any equivalent attribute in any other modes.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

TobiasMarquardt
Level 2

yeah, activated and visible (=true) are all checked, it can still be found.