cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe path with %userprofile%

PvD_SE
Level 12

Hi,

We're switching Mainframe applications where the new one happens to be installed in the Document folder. As the Documents folder has a path like  c:\users\MyUserProfile\Documents\... and includes my user profile, we seem to have an issue defining the path to the new application. The old application ran from c:\Program files\... and posed as such never any problems launching. But with the new application we seem to need a dynamic path to get the MyUserProfile bit in place.

When we will run the new application objects in production, MyUserProfile obviously needs to be replaced by RpaUserProfile, preferably in a dynamic fashion. So we need to find a solution to make the VBO for the new application work in development as well as in production.

I got tipped to replace MyUserProfile with %userprofile%, making the path look like c:\users\%userprofile%\Documents\... . While BP apparently accepts that path in the Application Modeller in 'Path to session file', the application does not launch. Instead it crashes with message "Error - Failed to launch application - Launch failed: Error from ConnectToHostOrSession: File is in untrusted location."

It is unclear to me if BP manages to replace %userprofile% with MyUserProfile and crashes for some other reason ('untrusted location') or that it is indeed value %userprofile% that is disliked by BP.

Notes:
- I did search the BP portal document section as previous questions on this subject pointed there. However, my particular challenge was not handled there.
- Installing the new Mainframe application in the c:\Program files\... folder would obviously solve my problem, but for some reason seems not possible in this environment. 

Questions:
1. How can I define the path in 'Path to session file' in my application modeller including a user profile?
2. If the above cannot be done, in what other direction should I proceed investigations?

Thanks in advance for any contributions!

------------------------------
Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
------------------------------
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)
0 REPLIES 0