cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapped Network Drive Not Accessible in Control Room Run

grbanares
MVP

Hi Team!

We are struggling to access data in a network drive. This has been mapped to the runtime resource. It can be accessed properly in debug mode. (Note: The robot's account is already being used in debug mode.)

We also tried running script to remap it in startup before accessing the network drive but still not accessible when running from Control Room.

I have been using full path as well.

Any thoughts, anyone? 🙂

------------------------------
Genold Bañares
Head of Automation Development
Virtual Blue
Auckland, New Zealand

Genold Bañares
Director of RPA
Virtual Blue
Auckland, New Zealand
3 REPLIES 3

LeonardoSQueiroz
Level 10

Hello Genold,

The error you mentioned is very similar to another one reported by Chris here on the forum, check if it's the same thing, I believe the solution he found solves the problem:  Problem using control room to read file/load queue

26182.png

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil

Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

Hi Leonardo! Thanks for your response.

However, as I mentioned in my original post, I have been using full path, that means I have used UNC and not just mapped letter. Chris' approach is not working on this case, unfortunately.

I also tried running some codes to map the drive on startup but still not getting read by Blue Prism still when running in Control Room. This is really tricky.

I appreciate the response. 🙂

Genold Bañares
Head of Automation Development
Virtual Blue
Auckland, New Zealand
Genold Bañares
Director of RPA
Virtual Blue
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi,

How do you want to access the remote file?

Using Utility VBO? Within an application (eg Excel Open)? Any other types of access (eg scripts)?

What type of network share is it? eg OneDrive, Sharepoint, SMB/CIFS (Windows share), others?

What is the exact error message?

What type of file is it? Plain text, Office, ... 

So you successfully mapped the network share to a drive letter but it is still not available in BP regardless of using the drive letter or the UNC path?!

Did you try to restart the machine, login and run the process in studio? 

Did you connect to the machine after it failed in Control and have a look if the network share was mapped and/or is accessible?

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Digital / Erste Group Bank
Europe/Vienna