cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Information In Get Path Read Stage

FabioLeonardo
Level 2
Hello everyone, I'm having an awkward issue automating a web application in Internet Explorer. When I spy a specific button in Application Modeller, Blue Prism identifies its path as "/HTML/FRAMESET(1)/FRAME(2)/HTML....", which is correct. Then, if I use the a Read Stage with Data Get Path, it returns the path without the "/HTML/FRAMESET(1)/FRAME(2)" part. To make things stranger, for another button in the exact same page, the Read Stage returns the Path with the "/HTML/FRAMESET(1)/FRAME(2)" part. In conclusion, two buttons, identified the same way, with the same Attributes marked and in the same page, are returning the path in different ways, one with the "/HTML/FRAMESET(1)/FRAME(2)" prefix and one without it. Does anyone know what is the cause of this and how to fix it? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
This happens because you got frames in your web application, which is like having a page in a page.  Blueprism hides some of the complexity from you, then it is just inconsistent at identifying actual root with frames present. If you need a fix for it - ask support.