cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse hover in Internet explorer

AlexHowarth
Level 3
We are building an application interface to check details on a website. One of the checks requires us to hover the mouse pointer over an element, and read the details that display upon doing so. I've spied the element numerous different ways and worked with the window in Win32 mode, but there doesn't seem to be any way for me to move the mouse pointer without clicking, therefore I can't get said details to display. Has anyone encountered this problem before or have any tips on how to overcome it? Alex
3 REPLIES 3

AlexHowarth
Level 3
Hi Scott I can spy the element in AA mode but I still can't see any option which allows me to move the mouse pointer without clicking...... Alex

TimGrassam
Staff
Staff
Hi Alex I have successfully got the mouse pointer to move to a required position by: - Creating a Dynamic Region with Dynamic Start X, End X, Start Y, End Y attributes - Working out the required values for the above attributes (I spied the Element as AA and used Get Screen Bounds, you could possibly also try Image Recognition) - Using a Navigate Stage, with the Dynamic Region as the Element, using the values calculated above to populate the dynamic parameters and using the Drop Onto option

Hi Tim, I am also trying to get the value from dynamic table, for that I created two dynamic regions and kept start Y and End Y co-ordinates as dynamic by unticking check box in application modeler. Now I have captured screen in region mode, whenever I try to get the value from first dynamic region using read stage it gives me error : More than one matching items found. I am unable to proceed. This entire exercise I am doing to fetch dynamic rows from a table. Have studied surface automation advanced manual for dynamic tabloid, seems I am missing some steps here. Please help, how to go about.